How It All Went Down

When I'm in Houston Texas, I'm happy. The city is big, but the name is still associated with a small town. I love living there. There's work and you can meet just about anyone anywhere you go. But, I always am dreaming of the next adventure. I ended up not going to Aconcagua this year. My sponsor fell through and I used the money that I had to travel to Machu Picchu instead. It was an amazing journey. I saw the red sand dunes of the Atacama Desert. I surfed in the small town of La Serena while working as a gardener for the Arbol Hostel and Glamping center. I fell in love with the journey and found strength within myself that I feel only sets the stepping stones for future adventures. My love for my partner and my best friend grew stronger and vanished all at the same time. I had to face the reality that I was not going to live a conventional life, but that it was time to settle down somewhere in the world.
I spent a lot of time rebuilding myself, to where I could feel accomplished in my efforts and grateful for the person I had become.
(02/23/2026) Although this is now the second year I have not done Aconcagua, because of the costs associated, I'm attempting my own expedition of Chimborazo and training in Langtang before attempting with a guide Api Himal and Saipal. After the Peru Expedition I went to Wyoming and Colorado and trekked at 2000-3000 meters, including trail running and daily training at local facilities. I'm currently in Peru, and after running 3 miles in Lima and surfing the coast of Miraflores for an hour, as time permitted, I'm looking forward to running here in Cusco at a local gym 3 miles at 3000 meters in 30 minutes and preparing for the Huayna Picchu expedition and Chimborazo summit attempt!
I'm currently looking for sponsorship for a mountaineering expedition of two 8000 meter mountains, Manaslu and Mount Everest, with Elite Exped for the total cost of $75,000.
(07/12/2026) While visiting Houston was fun, and introducing my boyfriend to the city that I love, we are happy for the tranquil and healthy life that our beautiful garden brings us here in our cabin on the lake. We are happy to be reunited with our dogs and now that my knee is better I am so excited to climb another volcano this year! San Pedro Volcano here we come, at 3020 meters. I love being an inspiration for the artwork of Paco and I have enjoyed his cooking while he opened El Maximón Trattoria! Bringing authentic Italian fast food to Lake Atitlán, and even providing its own delivery service. It's so cool to see him building his website and service, but trying the cooking and even getting to help with the recipes has been so much fun.
I have had to reroute my plans to climb the 6000-7000 meter mountains of South America and Nepal this year in preparation of summitting Mount Everest, but I'm not giving up! I have to find the balance of support from my family and partner, and my ability to do this while looking for sponsors and building my own business surrounding what I love, first aid and wilderness exploration. That is why I am using my First Aid & CPR Training Instructor Certification to start offering basic first aid courses to hikers and facilities around the world, including here in Lake Atitlán, Guatemala, through my nonprofit organization EarthThreads International I hope to partner with the American Red Cross in order to provide first aid certifications as well as continud with the courses they offer in order to advance my understanding of humanitarian aid work and basic first aid response in various situations. Stay tuned for our websites and flyers! It is so much to look forward to, and I am just so happy and grateful for the moments I share with my loved one and our beloved dogs here in our beautiful home on Lake Atitlán. 🌺
𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮,
𝓒𝓪𝓶𝓲𝓵𝓪 𝓐𝓵𝓮𝓳𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓻𝓪 𝓦𝓲𝓵𝓼𝓸𝓷
(07/12/2026) Peru was amazing and I'll have to post a blog specifically for that trip with the videos and photos compiled. Going with my boyfriend was so amazing this year, and I hope we go for a third year. The photos above are from my first time, and here is our second year. We took the PeruRail into Aguas Calientes and it was awesome. Paco painted a mural in a restaurant right on the river and we loved our hotel. A third year in a row will make seeing the famous and lesser known Moon Temple visit possible!
This time, while flying through Lima, we went surfing in Miraflores, Peru! Waves were strong and cold there, too.
Photos and stories coming soon. 😊 🦙
(Photo: Paco Savino 📸 February 2026 - Miraflores, Peru)
Comments
Post a Comment